I made these the other night for my family and they were a total hit! Not only was this such a simple dish to make, but you just stick them in the crockpot and they are done in time for dinner. Now what could be better than that?
- 6 Bell Peppers
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 14 ounce can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can fat free refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and scrape out the ribs and seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, beans, enchilada sauce, spices and 1 cup cheese.
- Fill each pepper evenly with the mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of a crockpot
- Place the peppers in the crockpot so they are sitting in the water.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- When they have finished cooking, remove the lid and sprinkle on additional cheese. Replace lid for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve with any toppings you like!