Fall in the midwest is one of my favorite times of year. The changing colors and cooler temps are a welcomed change from the humid summer weather. This week the temperature has finally started to feel more like fall and that has me thinking of all the fun things I can't wait to do this season.
1. Apple Picking - I love apples, I'm pretty sure I eat one every day. So to me there is nothing better than being able to pick fresh ones right off the tree. Aside from the apples there is also the cider donuts, which may be the actual reason I love apple picking!
2. Fall Recipes - There is something about cooler weather that makes me want to get in the kitchen and try all new recipes. Pinterest is a great place to go to find fun new recipes to try out. From pumpkin cupcakes to white chicken chili, I can't wait to get cooking!
3. Fall Fashion - Sweaters, flannel, boots and more. Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of year and dressing in layers for the cooler temps is a welcomed change from summer dresses and shorts.
4. Farmer's Markets - October is one of the last months to enjoy the famers markets. I have been dying to go to Green City Market downtown and this month I will definitely get there.
5. New Reads - These cooler temps have me dreaming of curling up with a warm cup of tea and a good read.